.187" Zero Delay Arcade EncoderUniversal
Zero Delay USB Arcade Encoder (1Player)
The M.A.M.E. community is bustling with DIY retro-style multi-game arcade cabinets, allowing you to enjoy hundreds or thousands of titles in one machine.
The PS3/PC Zero Delay USB Encoder PCB is one of the simplest and most economical ways to add Playstation 3 and PC control to a custom-built fightstick or M.A.M.E. PC arcade cabinet.
- 1x PS3/PC Zero Delay USB Encoder
- 1x Set of .187" Wiring
- 1x USB cable
- Common ground PCB. Plug and play- includes all needed wiring for joystick and 12 buttons, with no soldering or special tools needed (plan pcb placement accordingly).
- Custom wiring available: See the Custom Wiring tab above for instructions.
- Mode button toggles joystick input and left analog/POV hat switch input (useful for games or emulators that require one or the other)
- Activate AUTO FIRE or TURBO mode by pressing the desired input buttons and AUTO or TURBO button at the same time. The Mode LED will flash as the auto fire is in use. 12Hz input frequency.
- To deactivate AUTO FIRE or TURBO, press the input buttons and CLR.
- Users who need extra wire length can easily splice in more for buttons placed far from pcb (may be needed for arcade cabinet start/select/credit buttons)
- Tested and works natively on Sony Playstation 3 (no home button support, use DS3 to bring up home menu).
- No special joystick drivers needed.
USE MULTIPLE PCBS FOR M.A.M.E.
M.A.M.E. - or "Multi Arcade Machine Emulator" is commonly used when building multi-game arcade cabinets. You can connect multiple zero delay PCBs together. In M.A.M.E., each PCB will register its buttons and joystick as "Joy 1", "Joy 2" and so forth. Building a 2, 3 or 4 player cabinet for M.A.M.E. is now a rather simple affair.
This Zero Delay Encoder comes with all .187" wiring by default. This wiring is suitable for American style joysticks and push buttons such as the Suzo Happ Competition Joystick and Suzo Happ Arcade Push Buttons. You can change the wiring for your Joystick if you would like.
By default comes with:
- 16x .187" Wires - 12 wires for your buttons and 4 wires for your joystick
Mix and Match the joystick wiring for your Zero Delay encoder:
- .187" connections for American Style Joysticks (ie. Suzo Happ Competition Joysticks)
- 5 pin ribbon cable for Japanese style Joysticks (ie. JLF-TP-8YT joysticks.)
Click on the image below for the full size wiring diagram.
Don't know the difference between .110", .187" and .250" Terminal Connectors? Check out the diagram that explains this below! Click on the image to view the full size.