Mini-PAC Without HarnessUltimarc
Mini-PAC Without Harness
Connect a trackball and a spinner on one board! These are routed through one board and one cable to the PC, with everything simply a plug-in connection?
The Mini-PAC is a revolutionary combined Switch/Trackball/Spinner Interface. Ideal for OEM builders of controllers and cabinets but also suitable for the first-time builder.
- 1x Mini-PAC Interface
- 1x USB Cable
The Mini-PAC works identically to I-PAC2 board. All programming features identical, same number of inputs (32). Works in PS/2 or USB mode. For PS/2, you will need the optional PS/2 adaptor.
- Tiny board! Only 2 1/4 X 1 1/2 inches!
- Fully programmable key code set. Stored even after power off unlike some other interfaces which lose all data when powered off.
- Dual interface. Full Speed USB or Keyboard - small adaptor plug available for PS/2 mode.
- Lead plugs into keyboard socket on PC (with adaptor) or direct to USB port.
- Can be programmed using special utilities (for DOS, Windows, Linux, MAC)
- Using host software, an unlimited number of keycode configurations can be stored and downloaded on-the-fly. Retained on power off.
- No separate power needed.
- Does not use a matrix - no ghost keys.
- Does not use a scanning method which causes a variable delay. Each input has it's own dedicated connection into the on-board CPU.
- Fast running gives much better response than a standard keyboard controller. Key transmission and debounce uses a state method for each key. No delays between keys depressed at the same time. (essential for fighting games). No need for a keycode buffer.
- 2 modes. Either uses standard MAME keys (default) or you can program your own character set.
- Shift functions. Holding "Start1" and pressing other buttons sends a range of codes for MAME functions such as "escape", "Coin 1", "tab", "enter". This means no extra buttons are needed on the cabinet. In programmable mode any input can be the shift key and all keys can be programmed with a shifted code.
- Connector for ordinary keyboard which can be used together with the controls if required. No switch-over delays mean you could even play a game using the control panel and keyboard at the same time. Advanced interrupt-driven code means the pass-through uses NO CPU cycles when the keyboard is idle.
- Supports selective up/down key repeat in PS/2 mode (all keys repeat in USB mode) to give easy scrolling through lists with minimal CPU overhead and interface "clutter".
- No special drivers needed. USB drivers are generic Windows.
- Fully compatible with all Apple Macs which have USB ports.
- Supports the Apple Mac "command" key and the Windows "GUI" keys.
- Can be paired in any combination to increase the total number of inputs.
- Keycode programming is integrated directly into many popular MAME front end for seamless launch of emulator or other applications which require different code sets.
- Self-test LED indicator which shows and wiring or other problems.
Make your own harness
Making your own?
You can make your own wiring harness because the Mini-PAC uses a standard 40-way 0.1 inch pitch pin header which can connect to a standard IDE disk drive cable, so you can use this inexpensive type of cable as the basis of your wiring.
Please see our Returns, Refunds & Warranty Policy for details on the warranty of Arcade Parts & Electronics.